Bacon Wrapped Dates
Write a review
- 2 pkgs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 jalepenos, seeded and minced
- 4 pkgs pitted dates
- 2 pkgs thick-cut bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 jar pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, chopped chives, and minced jalepenos.
- Stuff the dates with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed date with a piece of bacon. Wrap the edges of the bacon over each other, if possible, and place seam side down into a 9x13 pan. Or, pin the edges closed with a toothpick and place in the pan.
- Brush bacon with maple syrup and bake for 20 minutes, or until bacon is at preferred crispiness. Baste bacon every 10 minutes with syrup.
- Once bacon is crispy and insides are hot, remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove wrapped dates from pan to a serving dish. Serve warm.
- Makes 39 wrapped dates
elana's table http://www.elanas-table.com/